Monday 24 August 2009

Programming in Scala


I have read Programming in Scala from cover to cover and wanted to share some thoughts about it. First of all, I have to say that this book is great. It is the best programming language related book I have ever seen. It was written by Martin Odersky, Lex Spoon and Bill Venners.
What a beautiful language!
You will learn to love the Scala language with this book. I like its composition with all the little comparisons between Scala and Java. The book covers all the features of Scala and even gives a good introduction to functional programming. I found the examples very understandable and eligible. The desire to write a Scala program grows with each chapter. So if you want to learn Scala I definitely recommend Programming in Scala.

No comments:

Post a Comment